My name is Miss Bourgon (but most of my students call me Miss B). This online portfolio provides information on me as a teacher. My own education has included a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre and a Bachelor of Education in Elementary at the University of British Columbia. As well as an Associate Teacher’s Certificate Licentiate in Speech and Drama from Trinity College, UK. Leading youth has been a significant part of my life for the past eight years; including years of being a camp leader, tutor, and instructor at community centre programs. Other passions include: theatre, children’s literature, and travel.
- Standard #8 – Educators contribute to the profession.
- Standard #7 – Educators engage in career-long learning.
- Standard #6 – Educators have a broad knowledge base and understand the subject areas they teach.
- Standard #5 – Educators implement effective practices in areas of classroom management, planning, instruction, assessment, evaluation and reporting.
- Standard # 4 – Educators value the involvement and support of parents, guardians, families and communities in schools.
- Standard #3 – Educators understand and apply knowledge of student growth and development.
- Standard #2 – Educators are role models who act ethically and honestly.
- Standard #1 – Educators value and care for all students and act in their best interests.